Sunday, September 30, 2007

Donations for Ron Paul surpass 1 million dollars (Dr. Evil laugh)


Late last night September 29th at about 10:31 pm eastern the thermometer on Ron Paul's website http:\\www.RonPaul2008.com went over the $1,000,000 mark. I was interested and watching the counter went up by more then $4,000 in the last minute. The people have come out and gave Ron's campaign a million in less then 6 days which I think is pretty amazing since according to a e-mail that was sent out by the campaign the majority of the donations are between $5 and $100.

The thermometer flash program from the website which is picture above I believe helped out a ton because when people donated to the campaign they could see their own name flash on the screen and throughout the Internet. I liked watching it to see where the donations were coming from and as you can believe they came from all over from Maine to Florida from Washington to California from Huston to Saginaw. I even noticed people from around the Western NY area. I personally noticed Orchard Park NY, Rochester, and even Wattsburg PA.

After doing some math if people only donated the maximum $2300 that would mean that 435 people would have donated to the campaign to get to the million dollar amount. The thing I really wonder is how many people that donated to the Ron Paul campaign never donated to a political campaign before. I know personally I never handed my money to a politician before unless there was a threat of punishment if I did not hand over the money.

Will the main stream media pick this up?? I really doubt it they seem to do everything they can to ignore Dr. Paul and his campaign. The Ron Paul revolution is picking up speed soon it may be impossiable for the main stream media to ignore the support behind the principles this man.

No comments: