Friday, June 8, 2007

The 3rd Republican debate

OK I know I am a little late on this but hey I was in the hospital without my computer and Internet access. I was going though Internet withdrawal after the 1st night.

On to my thoughts. The winner of the debate was Ron Paul and that is not just a opinion but is what CNN's online poll said hands down. That poll does not mean anything really the only poll that means anything is on election day.

Dr Paul introduced himself as a congressman from Texas and "Champion of the Constitution" when I heard that tag line I was really shocked. But as I thought about it Ron is that in essence. During the debate I was disgusted with the camera work. The sound issues were understandable with the lightning that was going on but I am sure they could have used different mics and eliminated the sound dropping issue. OK enough with the technical stuff I think I would have noticed it less if I had a PC in front of me.

The best issue I thought that was brought up was what the question about what is the largest moral issue that is facing the United States and Dr Paul said it was the recently policy of preemptive war. I think preemptive war really isn't a new policy. You could definitely say Vietnam was a preemptive war and so was Korea. So that goes back to the 1950's. WWII was a little harder but the Japanese attack could because of the trade blockade and that blockade could be considered a military action. So that could be considered preemptive war that takes us back to 1940's. We could go further but that would take a lot of typing. But I do think that is a great answer to the question.

I would suggest if you have not seen the debate go watch and make up your own mind.

No comments: