Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My retort to a video on youtube

I was looking around YouTube and found this video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7a2xHXP4Kn8

There were some things I wanted to correct from what I know personally these statements may be incorrect but I wanted to talk about some points and I could not do this in 500 characters or less.

First off the author Sonofnewo I think is the person in the video and he said that Ron Paul is pro-life when it comes to abortion. I believe Ron is pro-life and I think that can be backed up with some speeches but Ron Paul. Now Ron is also a constitutionalists and believes that the constitution is the supreme law of the land or should be and the 10th amendment says

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States respectively, or to the people."

With that in mind Ron would have to support what the states or the people decided. If a state wanted to outlaw abortions within the boarders of the state they do have that ability as stated in the 10th amendment, and if a state did not have a law that power to perform abortions would be in the hands of the people. So what does all that mean is means Ron would not stop people from getting abortions he personally may think it is terrible but that is their choice. I know you are probably not going to believe me but I actually have no opinion on the subject of abortion I can see their would be problems created with both sides. I don't think I should have any opinion on this subject until my girlfriend or wife asks me for that opinion.

Second subject the author hit on was the Federal Reserve. I don't think Ron Paul would shut down the Federal reserve. Now wait you may be saying I heard him say that, yes you did but the Fed is a complex issue we need to differentiate between the Federal Reserve which is a private company that lends to the United States just like XYZ Bank may lend you money for a house the difference is the payment book when you get a payment book for your house it usually looks like a check book and has pieces of paper that you send in with your payment. Well the Fed's payment book is a little different they have multiple payment books some are never seen by the public and some are seen every day, the ones you are familiar with is the dollars you have in your wallet. Those are the representation of debt that the US government owes to the Fed so when someone says money you think of the green papers but nope that is actually debt.
With that little lesson on the Fed we need to talk about the Federal Reserve Act which is a law that was passed back in the early 20th century this act sets up a monopoly for the Federal Reserve.
What I believe Ron Paul is talking about is the Act he wants there to be competition for the currency in the United States if this came to pass there may be one currency everyone in the United States uses or there could be regional currency for example everyone on the west coast uses currency A and everyone in the middle of the country uses currency B and everyone on the east coast uses currency C. The author also said he thought that eliminating the Federal Reserve could have adverse effects on the economy in the US I think that these competing currencies are probably going to actually have something behind them with most of the currencies around the world they are not back by anything other then the promise of the government that is using that currency, if you look back through history that is a bad idea because all governments have fallen and history seems to repeat so I think that governments will keep on falling. If the currency is backed by something like gold or silver companies would be more likely to use that currency because if the bank does go belly up they will still have something that can be sold and they would not loose all their purchasing power.

Now this is just brief overlook and I would urge you to look in to this further I do not know everything about the Fed but this is my opinion using the knowledge I currently have.

No comments: