Tuesday, October 30, 2007

NY 3 tier drivers license

This is not law yet but I have seen worse things implemented in NY. Dictator Spitzer wants to have a 3 tier drivers license.

1st tier will be a license to operate a motor vehicle.
2nd tier will be a Real ID compliant license
3rd tier will be a license similar to a passport that will let people go across the US Canadian border.

Ok first thing I see is there will be 3 bureaucracies created to handle the 3 tier's which will mean that the residents of NY will be forced to shell out more money for 2 new bureaucracies and more people will be employed by the state which the people of NY will have to pay for all those doughnut eating wastes of life. The second issue I see is that people will have to pay more for the 2nd and 3rd tier licenses and probably more for a simple drivers license.

Personally I do not think that states have the authority to license people to travel. I have violated this law when I was under 16 and I would help my father on the farm, I would drive the tractor from vineyard to vineyard and would have to travel a state road to get to some vineyards. Yes according to the police you need to have a drivers license to drive a tractor on a road. I think that operating the tractor helped me learn to drive before I was old enough to get a license.

As for the Real ID I have made a promise to myself that I will not take a Real ID document. This is a line in the sand for me and it will be as far as I will go. If I have to operate a vehicle without a license I will. I do not want my personal information in a centralized government database and no I am not a Luddite I think technology is a great thing but this database will be a great target for people who want to commit identity theft.

These are just the problems I can see in my very limited knowledge of the plans that the dictator wants to force on the serfs.

Do your own research and make up your own mind.

No comments: